GPA Midstream Convention Cancellation Notice
March 23, 2020
GPA Midstream Association announces cancellation of the 2020 GPA Midstream Convention scheduled for New Orleans, April 19-22, in response to the ongoing impacts of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), including on the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana, shelter-in-place orders across the country, and domestic and international travel restrictions. The unknown duration of the coronavirus impact makes rescheduling our event during 2020 impractical.
GPA Midstream leadership encourages convention registrants to adjust prearranged travel plans accordingly.
GPA Midstream would like to thank the Hilton Riverside, our convention’s host hotel, for keeping us apprised of the impact of the coronavirus outbreak in the New Orleans area, and for their patience and collaboration as we considered options for the convention.
For our registrants and sponsors, please note the following:
- Convention registration fees paid to GPA Midstream will be fully refunded. Any $100 cancellation fees that we previously collected will also be refunded. Most registration refunds should be completed in the next 7 - 10 days. No additional action is required on your part regarding the registration refunds. If you don’t receive email confirmation of a refund within the 7 – 10 day timeframe, please email April Tollette for assistance.
- Convention registrants should cancel their individual hotel reservations as soon as possible. GPA Midstream cannot do this for you. The Hilton Riverside is short staffed and has requested that our attendees use this link to cancel your reservations at their hotel by clicking on Manage Existing Reservations: https://book.passkey.com/e/50040097
- All hospitality, sponsorship and Vendor Night fees collected by GPA Midstream will also be refunded in full. April Sailsbury and Crystal Myers will be in touch with these companies soon with those details.
Although GPA Midstream is canceling the convention, we will still be required to pay for certain service provider fees due to contractual commitments. If you or your company would like to donate your registration, hospitality, exhibit or sponsorship fees to support the non-profit GPA Midstream, please contact Crystal Myers.
Industry recognitions, presentations and committee work are critical components of the convention each year. We are working on alternatives for delivering such recognitions or programming in lieu of the live event, including:
- Reviewing options for announcing awards that recognize individuals and member companies.
- Exploring ways to provide access to some of the most time-critical presentations.
- Hosting many of our ongoing committee and workgroup meetings via conference call or web meetings to keep them on track.
Details about these alternative plans will follow at a later time.
Canceling such an important annual event for our industry was a difficult decision, but please know that we look forward to holding our 2021 convention, scheduled for April 11 - 14 in San Antonio, anticipating robust attendance from our industry, ready to celebrate the association’s 100th anniversary.
The return to normal will take time, but as GPA Midstream President and CEO Joel Moxley said in a recent interview with LP Gas Magazine, well before the events transpiring today: “Midstream will be a tough place to play for the next few years, but it always has been, and we always survive. We’re a tough bunch.”